The CAMSIZER is a compact laboratory instrument for simultaneous measurement of particle size distribution, particle shape and additional parameters of powders and granules.
Based on digital image processing by the unique, patented two-camera system pourable solids in the range from 30 µm to 30 mm can be measured.
Thanks to the unique scanning of all particles and the newly developed fitting algorithms, the measuring results are 100% compatible to those of sieve analysis. This makes CAMSIZER the ideal time- and cost-saving alternative for incoming and outgoing controls and for in-process quality control.
In combination with the optional AutoSampler efficiency can be increased by high sample throughput due to the automated sample measurement.
For online applications the CAMSIZER is available in an online version.
- NEW: improved comparability to sieve analysis , also for multimodal distributions
- Calibration in seconds
- Simple handling prevents operating errors
- Password protectet instrument settings
- Automatic measuring procedure
- Robust design, insensitive to dust and vibrations
- Self-cleaning, wear-free, maintenance-free
- Less time- and labor-intensive than sieve analysis
- NEW: optimized, intuitive software
- NEW: additional shape parameters (e.g. surface analysis)
- NEW: several language versions (German, English and other languages)
- Detailed particle size analysis - results are saved in more than 1,000 size classes
- Simultaneous analysis of particle size, shape, number, density and transparency
- Greatest possible accuracy and reproducibility
- No-contact, non-destructive measurement
- Very short measuring time (2-3 min.)
|Measuring principle||Dynamic Image Analysis (ISO 13322-2)|
|Measuring range||30 µm to 30 mm|
|Type of analysis||dry analysis of powders and granulates|
|Measuring time||~ 2 to 3 min (depending on the desired measuring statistics)|
|Measuring methods||60 images/s, each with more than 780,000 pixels (corresponds to more than 45 megapixels per second)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||~ 850 x 350 x 650 mm|
|Weight (Measuring unit)||~ 40 kg|
|Operating unit||industrial PC including operating system, monitor, keyboard and mouse, network card, PC interface cards for hardware communication, evaluation software|
Thanks to its extremely short exposure times, the novel LED strobe light source allows very sharp images to be produced and distortion-free determination of the projection areas. The sharp contrast allows, at the same time, details of the surface structure of the particles to be seen almost like through a microscope. The frequency of the light flashes is so high that the strobing is not visible to the naked eye.
With the unique, patented two-camera system a great depth of sharpness, and therefore maximum precision across the entire measuring range, is obtained. The zoom camera provides maximum resolution down to the fine range, while the basic camera also records larger particles and guarantees a high statistical certainty in the results. This ensures the excellent reproducibility of the CAMSIZER measuring results, even if only a relatively small sample amount is available. The results are saved in at least 1,000 size classes.
Subject to technical modifications and errors
CAMSIZER® versus sieve analysis – maximum benefits from minimal efforts
Sample preparation errors can no longer be corrected even by the most up-to-date analytical instruments. This is why Retsch Technology offers a range of sample dividers for obtaining representative part-samples.